Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dubai on the way back to Kabul

Hello kind reader.  I've returned back to my blog, since I am headed back to Kabul.  It's been a bit crazy as I didn't have much time to get ready for this trip.  (At least on my last one I was ready about a month before.  This time it's been about 2 weeks since I found out I was headed here.)  Thanks to my mom for flying up again to help with the kids, and thanks to Jane for being such an awesome woman.  (Many people ask me what I did to deserve her, but honestly I have no idea.  I do have chocolate for her though....)

 Dubai is where I'm at right now, and it's pretty cool.  (But 7 hours in the airport is a little too long.)  This time there will be no traveling out to the field in Afghanistan.  I'll be in Kabul from Friday until the 13th.  Then, I head back home where I belong.  Hopefully I'll get to see some friends, get some good work done, and keep my head down.  Thanks to all my friends that wished me well.  It means alot to me. Again I'm struck by the insanity of flying into a war zone on a commercial airplane, but it's the only way to go.  I'll update this blog the time I'm here, so feel free to follow along.  If you have any questions on Kabul, or life at the Embassy, let me know and I'll try to answer for you.

1 comment: