- Tomorrow is a sort of "Christmas" for us. You see, our Household Effects arrive! Everything we've had to live without for the last 2 months will come in a big shipment. We get to unpack everything, take note of what was damaged, and determine where we are going to put everything. Not an easy task, but one I am relishing. My crazy little guy is already psyched by the miniture basketball hoop he has coming, and my beautiful little gal is very excited for her doll house and dressup costumes. I'm excited for my DVDs and books, along with my other dress shoes. (Been wearing the same ones for 2 months now. It's time for a change.)
- We went to a restaurant recently where they greet you at the door with the following greeting: "Welcome to Spur. Please note that this restaurant does not serve pork or alcohol." It seemed a bit strange, but then we noticed the large group of Muslims eating there and it suddenly made sense. I've found that this is the only one in Johannesburg where they do that. The ribs are beef and if something says bacon on the menu they substitute it with something called macon. (Or meat bacon.) Interesting indeed.
- I have found buttermilk here at the store, and it has made breakfasts very good. Then, my lovely English lass found sour cream, and suddenly Mexican Night seems like a go! Quick, I need avocados, purple onion, grated cheese (not for me), green and yellow and red peppers, and maybe some peri peri sauce. Oh, and some tortillas. This is gonna rock!
- Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal. That's all I'll say about that.
- Crazy little man has started to plan his weeks. Saturday is for football practice. Tuesday is basketball, Sunday is rugby and apparently this morning he decided that Wednesday is baseball.
- Crazy little man also has started to show his geek side. Lovely English Lass (or LEL from now on) took him to pick up beautiful little gal from school, and the teacher commented on his Spiderman t-shirt. He looked at her and said, "His real name is Peter Parker." I almost shed a tear hearing that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment